Sustainable Green Building is a concept that has gained popularity at a global level in the past few years. This is due to the fact that for a green building, starting from its construction it is ensured that waste is minimized at every level. The materials used are not only of superior quality but also eco-friendly. According to the experts, this not only minimized our carbon footprint but also results in lower costs in the long run. Hence, we can say that a green building is constructed in such a way that they reduce their overall impact on natural environment and as a result on the human health by:
1. Using the energy, water and other resources judiciously and efficiently.
2. Protecting the environment and improving human health conditions.
3. Effectively minimizing the waste production, pollution and environment deterioration.
4. Using natural resources like natural light wherever possible to effectively manage the use of energy.
In order to achieve the minimum energy consumption level, following features are incorporated in a green building which makes them earth friendly:
1) The walls are designed to keep out the moisture and humidity in the outside air which makes the building naturally cooler. This reduces the use of air
2) Low Solar Gain. Solar gain is the increase in temperature resulted from the solar radiation. With low solar gains, the building remains much cooler which again reduces the need for air-conditioners.
3) Using water efficient faucets ensures that less amount of water is utilized to perform the same function as compared to their traditional counterparts.
4) Rainwater Harvesting systems are installed to catch the natural rain water to cater to the building’s water needs.
5) Wastewater treatment plants for minimizing the waste water expulsion from the building and effective water management with water recycling.
6) Installing hydroponics system to increase the green belt while reusing the water through utilizing treated greywater.
7) Creating waste management plants on the site such as compost pits to utilize the building’s biodegradable waste for fertilizers.
8) Installing clean energy sources such as solar panels, solar water heaters etc for electrification.
The green building concept has a vast benefit cover can be effectively employed for various sites, some of which are:
1. Residential buildings
2. Office Complexes
3. Institutional buildings such as schools, colleges etc
4. Retail buildings
7. Government Buildings
The concept of green building, however new, aims at using natural building materials during not only construction, but also adopts other methods, such as rainwater harvesting for its water needs, solar energy for the electrification, waste management, etc. Hence making the making green building self sufficient when it comes to the energy requirement. The efficient usage of natural resources and their further recycling ensures sustainability in the long run.
In times of global crisis pertaining to the energy sources and waste management, it is essential to address new constructions for them to be completely environment friendly. Sustainable construction is not just the use of such materials but also the methods of construction that lead to minimum or no harm to nature.
Sustainable construction is being environmentally responsible and resource-efficient throughout a building's life-cycle. It starts right form the designing, construction, operation, maintenance, renovation, and demolition. In each phase it is monitored that the techniques are all environmentally responsible and also feasible from the user's perspective at the same time. For more detail, please fill the above inquiry form.
Rainwater harvesting is a fast growing trend and more importantly need of the hour. More and more people look to incorporate rainwater harvesting techniques in their homes and office buildingsMore
Green buildings are considered as elites. Something not meant for the public at large. They are considered as expensive to design and maintain. Sanicon Sustainability Solutions was set up to offer budget friendly sustainable housing solutions. Our designs aim to find the balance between homebuilding and sustainable environment. With green buildings, give your home a revolutionary advantage. Optimize your space with Sanicon Sustainability Solutions’ pocket friendly options to economize and maximize the utility, durability, and comfort.